Redesigning the interiors of your home involves many steps, but painting is one aspect that needs absolute professional attention. Thankfully, there are numerous residential painting services in every city, so you have quite a few options, depending on what you want to spend. However, certain aspects need more consideration. Below are the nine tips for quick help.
- Start by looking for reliable painting services that have good reviews online. Make sure that the company has its website with all the relevant information. As a better option, you can also check with friends and neighbors to find reputed local businesses.
- Ask for references. If a painting company claims great things about their work, they must have enough clients. This just helps in verifying their claims.
- Do have they bonded painters? Some services hire day laborers, and these painters and workers have no experience in the industry. In most cases, you will end up with shoddy work. Their workers should be bonded and insured, besides having adequate exposure to painting work and trends.
- Are they licensed and insured? That’s another aspect that many consumers ignore. A professional service will have a physical office and will have the required permissions that are mandatory in the industry. They will also have general liability insurance to cover for possible damages, accidents, and mishaps.
- Do they offer consultation services? A good painting company is expected to have an in-house team of experts and color consultants, who will offer advice and suggestions for the decor theme and interior colors. If you have an existing theme, they will help in deciding the new ideas that may work without increasing the cost of investment.
- Do they have flexible work hours? If you are a working professional, you will hardly have the time to stay at home as the painting work is done. You need a company that can understand your preferred timings and available days. It is wise to ask for an estimated delivery date, which is important and will help in scheduling other things.
- Will they offer an estimate? It is more than important that you have an estimate or quote for the project. This primarily helps in avoiding hidden charges, and the prices are decided after discussing the scope of work.
- Understand the scope of work. This is basically the list of rooms, spaces, and areas that will be painted for the given price, subject to a few terms and conditions. Make sure that you read the contract in detail, and if you have any reservations or questions, always get answers before signing the final deal.
- Lastly, will the company adhere to green practices? Companies like Ecopainting have a name in their industry for waste disposal and use of zero-VOC paints. Keep in mind that every effort towards a better environment counts in the long run, and if you can change your paints for the betterment of your home or the planet, it’s rewarding in many ways.
Finally, don’t miss the support and assistance offered by the concerned company. As a client, you would want them to explain the work progress from time to time, and there must be a supervisor, who should answer your queries. If needed, you can ask them to show a few pictures of their previous projects, which can give a fair idea of what to expect from the concerned service.